Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it and has been developed in line with the ‘Australian Privacy Principles’ in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- This site, including associated intellectual property, entrepreneur education programs and other is (unless stated otherwise) owned and operated by ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd.
- Entropolis does not own and operate:
- 3rd Party plugins WooCommerce and Stripe, which are used for the purchase of our entrepreneurship programs; or
- Open Learning platform which is used to deliver our online programs Futurepreneurs Academy and Kidpreneur Ninjas Academy
- Stripe Payments Policy is HERE
Kidpreneur Challenge is a proprietary education program for primary schools owned and operated by Entropolis Pty. Ltd.
- We lawfully collect only the personal information which is necessary to provide the products or services you have requested from us.
- We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- a. Express your interest in or make an enquiry about a Kidpreneur Challenge program through our website, paper form, through fax, by an SMS from you, via post or over the phone.
- Register for a Kidpreneur Challenge program through our website, a paper form, through fax, by an SMS from you, via post or over the phone.
- Submit information to be posted on our website
- Any time you input personal information on our website
- We also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell when and how you use our website and also to help customise your website experience through Google Analytics.
- The personal information we collect from you is primarily for program registration, invoicing and payment purposes. This includes:
- your name and contact details (such as address, telephone and fax numbers, email address);
- your school/business and ABN details; and
- your product purchases
- We will hold your personal information on our computer database and on hard copy records within our place of business. Records may also stored on a secure server hosted by cloud-based platforms (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox) which all adhere to Australian and international data security protocols.
Information Derived from Communications
Your use of the facilities and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information we collect. The only personal information we collect when you use our website are the details you provide about yourself. This may occur when you complete our online forms, or when you send us an email asking us to register for the Kidpreneur Challenge program on your behalf.
How We Use Your Information
- We use the information we collect for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection, or otherwise as set out in this Privacy Statement. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
- Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information:
- a. To establish and maintain your relationship as a customer of Entropolis Pty Ltd.
- To provide the products and services you have requested from Entropolis Pty Ltd.
- To administer and manage those products and services.
- To answer any inquiry made by you
- We may also use your personal information to notify you of information about our programs, including special offers or new programs, but only if you have asked us to do so. Personal information of persons whom we contact for marketing purposes is stored on a separate database to our customer database. You may ask us not to contact you for direct marketing purposes, at any time by contacting us.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- We will only use your personal information for the purpose of our business and to comply with our legal obligations. This includes disclosure or transfer of your personal information to our contractors and service providers to:
- deliver our products to you;
- assist us in operating our website, including by hosting our website or processing data received through our website,
- process and recover payment from you for our products; and
- obtain business, marketing, accounting and legal advice.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure our contractors and service providers are bound by obligations of confidentiality and for protection of your privacy.
- We will not sell or license your personal information to third parties who are not our contractors or service providers.
Access to Your Personal Information
- In most cases, you can gain access to the personal information that Entropolis Pty Ltd. holds about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
- If you would like to view or amend your contact details, please contact us. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible
- Entropolis Pty. Ltd. will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server and/or secure files.
- The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Entropolis Pty Ltd. cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Why do we need your information?
- We only use and disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (unless the information is used or disclosed for another purpose with your consent), or otherwise permitted by law.
- The primary purpose for which we collect information from you is to provide you with products and services you have requested, and for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of products and services to you. We may also use your personal information to:
- Provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- Manage and enhance our products and services;
- Communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- Verify your identity;
- Investigate any complaints about you or made by you in relation to information on our site, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of our terms and conditions; or
- As permitted by law, such as to report unlawful activity to a law enforcement body.
- We will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless you have provided express consent or your consent can reasonably be implied from the circumstances in which we collected the information.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. gathers three types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our programs or forums, to use our tools, applications and calculators, to email or otherwise share information with your network, and from participation in polls and surveys
- Information gathered through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by categorizing our decisions into demographic, geographic and decision types. This information allows us to better tailor our content to users’ needs.We may also collect your personal information when you deal with us over the telephone or correspond with us via fax, letter, email or any other mode of communication.
Optional voluntary information
- We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic Newsletters (Dispatches) – We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Surveys – ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We may share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party without prior user consent
- We collect personal information through tracking by the following means:
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. sometimes tracks and catalogues the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users.
- We use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall.
- This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- We may place a text file called a “cookies” in the browser files of your computer.
- The cookie itself does not contain personal information although it will enable us to relate your use of this site to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided.
- The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself.
- A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
- If you’ve set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, you will receive the warning message with each cookie.
- You do not need to have cookies turned on to use this site. However, you do need cookies to participate actively in message boards, forums, polling and surveys.
Use of information
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience on our site, whether to provide interactive or personalised elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
- As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in surveys. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing.
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. may share newsletter mailing lists with third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners however, we never do this for profit or without prior consent
- When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for sponsors and partners. This allows our partners to assess the efficacy of our programs against their KPIs and is not used for advertising or other purposes.
- We don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, and we will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public
Sharing of the information
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our partners better understand our audience’s demographics and the usability and effectiveness of our programs.
- We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- If we are required to disclose personal information to recipients outside Australia in countries that do not have legislation similar to the Privacy Act, we will take steps to ensure that adequate measures are taken to protect the personal information before it is disclosed.
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
- Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our customers
Access to your personal information
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. will use all reasonable endeavours to keep personal information it holds accurate, complete, upto-date, relevant and not misleading. Please contact us if you would like to access the personal information we hold about you. We will use reasonable endeavours to provide a complete list of your personal information within a reasonable period of receipt of your request. ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. may in certain circumstances charge you for these services.
- You may contact us to correct any of your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. We will use reasonable endeavours to correct your personal information as requested within a reasonable period of receipt of your request.
- ENTROPOLIS Pty. Ltd. will not charge you for this service. If applicable, any legal requirement on us to maintain certain records of your personal information shall prevail over any of your requests.
- We may require you to provide your identity before providing you with copies of your personal information.
- We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
If you make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, you will receive an acknowledgement that we have received your complaint and the matter will then be referred for investigation by a person not directly involved in the subject matter of the complaint. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we aim to resolve the investigations and complaint within 30 days.